Discover the best PCT sections for a day hike or weekend jaunt
The 2,650-mile Pacific Crest Trail traverses the “high road” from Mexico to Canada through three states. In this Southern California guide, local David Money Harris describes 31 day hikes and overnight treks on the PCT near San Diego; in the San Jacinto, San Bernardino, and San Gabriel Mountains; and in the southern Sierra Nevada.
Enjoy sweeping vistas, outstanding wildflowers, rugged ridges, and much more. Hikes range from a 4-mile adventure with amazing views of the Anza-Borrego Desert to a 35-mile trek following the headwaters of the Mojave River through the San Bernardino Mountains down to a remote hot spring.
This handy guide includes:
- trail maps and elevation profiles
- ratings for scenery, trail condition, difficulty, solitude, and accessibility for children
- driving directions to trailheads and GPS waypoints for key locations
- permit and fee information
- details about what to expect on the trail