The most detailed guide to hiking and backpacking in Big Sur
California’s Big Sur Country hugs the Central Coast some 90 miles, from Carmel south toward San Simeon. And it stretches east and southeast, to the lesser-known Ventana and Silver Peak Wilderness areas.
On 74 diverse trips, Hiking & Backpacking Big Sur by Analise Elliot Heid takes you throughout this dramatic land and seascape. Trails include popular destinations such as Sykes Hot Springs and Andrew Molera and Pfeiffer Big Sur State Parks, as well as gems such as the impressive Salmon Creek Falls and the remote Ventana Double Cone.
IN THIS GUIDE YOU’LL FIND:
- Day hikes and longer backpacking routes in Big Sur, the Ventana Wilderness, and the Silver Peak Wilderness
- Precise details on trails and facilities, including directions, difficulty, elevation, water sources, and more
- Recommended hikes for a variety of themes, from coastal walks to epic views
- Easy-to-read topographic maps
- A helpful guide to services along Highway 1