A state-of-the-art guide for the hike of a lifetime!
Stretching 220 miles from Yosemite Valley to Mount Whitney and onward to Whitney Portal, California’s famed John Muir Trail Trail passes through some of the most dramatic scenery in the country, massive granite peaks, dizzying waterfalls, pristine alpine lakes, and vibrant meadows filled with Sierra wildflowers.
The all-new John Muir Trail contains information found nowhere else. It meticulously describes the entire passage, with detailed directions for readers of all levels of familiarity, as well as UTM coordinates for important junctions, lateral trails, campsites, food-storage boxes, and points of interest. Each trail section also includes an elevation profile and a table listing elevation, distance from previous point, and total mileage. You’ll find expert start-to-finish advice, whether you’re hiking the whole route or just sections.
The book also features:
- Comprehensive advice on planning and preparing for the trip, Including information about permits, gear and supplies, and bears and food-storage boxes
- Listings of nearby towns and resupply points
- Side trips to 15 notable peaks
- 16 topographic maps incorporated into the book
- A table of campsites found along the John Muir Trail