Get the guide to cross-country skiing in northeastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin―from Duluth-Superior to Grand Marais and the Gunflint Trail.
Before you hit the trails, grab this essential guide. Get the skinny about the most gorgeous cross-country ski trails in North America. Join Andrew Slade as he takes you along 700+ kilometers of trails winding through the North Shore’s city and state parks, the Superior National Forest, and private ski areas. See why these perfectly-groomed trails have earned names like Bear Chase, Lonesome Grouse, Eagle Ridge, Picnic Loop, and Lonely Lake.
The guide is written for all who love to ski―beginner, recreational, and experienced skiers, families, and classic and skate skiers. Learn about 35 groomed trail systems from Duluth-Superior north to Grand Marais and the Gunflint Trail. Discover hidden gems and rediscover well-known state parks in winter. Andrew offers useful information about challenging trails for the expert skier, gentle and fun trails for a family outing, scenic overlooks where you can stop for lunch alfresco, and lighted trails where you can enjoy a romantic night ski.
Everything you need is inside the book:
- Detailed trail maps with driving directions to all trailheads
- Helpful trail descriptions and difficulty ratings
- Fees and pass requirements…plus free trails!
- Where to find current snow and grooming conditions
- Trailside lodging options
- The author’s top trail picks for best grooming, Lake Superior views, most family-friendly, off the beaten path, more!